RTO # 32146
Call us Today
07 3554 1025
Supervisors Course (S1,2&3)
RIICOM301D, RIIWHS301D, RIIRIS301D
This course develops the knowledge and skills required to safely, effectively and confidently function as a supervisor at a coal mining operation.
Course Duration 2 x 8 hour Days
Participants Maximum of 12 persons
Cost Refer to Booking Form for the latest pricing.
Successful trainees will receive Statements of Attainments for:
• RIICOM301D Communicate Information
• RIIWHS301D Conduct Safety and Health Investigations
• RIIRIS301B Apply Risk Management Processes
which are recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework
Course Outline & Learning Objectives
• Communication Information Orally
• Communicating Information in Writing
• Achieving Meeting Outcomes
• Making a Presentation
• Participating in Negotiations
• Completing a Risk Assessment
• Reviewing Safety System Documentation
• Conducting Safety & Health Investigations
• Compiling Formal Safety & Health Investigation Reports
The Mining Supervisors course is based around the Coal mining industry and is applicable to both surface and underground coal mining operations. On successful completion of this course, trainees will have acquired the skills and knowledge to enable them to undertake the role of and perform the duties and position requirements of a Mine Safety and Health Representative as detailed in the Coal Mining Safety & Health Act 1999. The course specifically targets coal mine workers who wish to progress their career in the mining industry to the position of a leading hand, supervisor, Superintendent, or those who are elected as Site Safety and Health Representatives. Successful completion of the course provides very good career progression opportunities within the mining industry and can also allow for smoother transition into the mining industry for people from non-mining backgrounds.
Each Trainee Must Provide
• Own Transport
• Appropriate clothing, closed in footwear
Please contact our office on 1300 ZEROHARM (07 4987 7340) for specific costs associated with site based training.