RTO # 32146
Standard 11 Course
Standard 11 Coal Surface Course
This course develops the knowledge and skills required under recognised Standard 11 to work on a coal mine.
2 x 8 hour days
Maximum of 12 persons
Refer to Booking Form for the latest pricing.
Successful trainees will be issued with a Statement of Attainment for the units listed below:
- RIICOM201D – Communicate in the workplace
- RIIGOV201D – Comply with site work processes/procedures
- RIIWHS201D – Work safely & follow WHS policies and procedures
- RIIRIS201D – Conduct local risk control
- RIIERR205D – Apply initial response first aid
- RIIERR302D – Respond to local emergencies and incidents
Course Outline & Learning Objectives
• General Mining Overview
• Mining Legislation, Rules and Regulations
• General Mine Site Safety
• Managing Workplace Hazards
• Risk Management
• Isolation and Tagging Procedures, Permits to Work and Defect Reports
• Traffic and Mobile Equipment Procedures
• Emergency Procedures
• Life Saving First Aid
• Fire Fighting & Fire Prevention
• Protecting the Environment
• Following site Work Processes
The Standard 11 is the current requirement for anyone working in the Queensland coal mining industry and represents the minimum standard for meeting health and safety obligations in the coal mining industry in Queensland. Standard 11 is primarily designed for short term contractors who need to move between multiple sites and have current industry experience relevant to their role. Skills that are fundamentally important to the mining industry such as hazard identification, risk control, isolation and tagging, communication, manual handling, use and control of hazardous substances (and others) are an integral part of the Standard 11 course. Workshop activities will provide participants with opportunity to develop those skills to this standard.
Each Trainee Must Provide
• Own Transport
• Appropriate clothing, closed in footwear
Please contact our office on 1300 ZEROHARM (07 4987 7340) for specific costs associated with site based training.