RTO # 32146
Multi Combination Driver Training
Drive Multi-Combination Vehicle (TLIC4006)
Road Transport is a crucial component of the Australian economy and accounts for about 5% of gross domestic product and forms a key input to most other sectors of the economy. Continual growth in this industry signifies a real need for well‐trained operators to maintain this growth.
Multi‐combination (MC) licence is the highest level licence issued in the road transport industry. This course is for serious road professionals who need to upgrade from HC/HR or industry workers who may need to re‐ accustom themselves with modern day driving practices. This is a highly sought after licence and can lead to a very rewarding career.
Multi combination vehicles, sometimes referred to as B doubles or road trains are used extensively throughout Queensland to cater to the needs of regional centers and remote communities. This aspect can give truck drivers the opportunity to experience travel to many parts of Queensland and Australia.
NOTE: There are no mandatory work placements as part of this course
Full Course Overview
The TLIC4006A ‐ Drive Multi-Combination Vehicle course is as unit of competency from the TLI10 Transport and Logistics Training Package which is nationally recognised training.
Before a person can undertake this course in Queensland they must:
- have held a class HR or HC licence for a minimum period of 1 year
- complete the driver licence application/renewal form F3000
- Show evidence of your identity in the form of a Queensland issued:
- current driver licence
- Adult proof of age card
- industry authority card for example a taxi driver licence or
- Marine licence indicator
If you do not have these, you will need to present 3 original evidence of identity documents.
- declare that you are medically fit to drive the class of vehicle, this may require an eyesight test –Medical condition notification Form F4355
- declare that you are medically fit to drive the class of vehicle, this may require an eyesight test – Medical condition notification Form F4355 http://www.tmr.qld.gov.au/Licensing/Medical-conditionreporting/Eyesight-test.aspx
This is a one day course with truck and trailers provided
Truck training in a Multi Combination vehicle is $165 per hour inc GST, we evaluate each person based on current skill of the driver and estimate the required amount of training which will be required to get them ready for assessment.
Full cost of the assessment is $1650 which includes the use of the truck and trailers, tuition fees and issue of the statement of attainment.
GOVERNMENT FUNDED COURSES FOR ELIGIBLE STUDENTS
$50 TRAINING COURSES