Marketing and Advertising Policy and Procedure
Click Here to Download PDF version of this policy
Zero Harm Safety and Training acknowledges its obligations in ensuring the ethical marketing and advertising of the services it offers. In accordance with these requirements Zero Harm Safety & Training will ensure that it markets its services in a professional, honest, ethical and accurate manner, maintaining integrity and reputation of itself, the industry and complies with the National Standards for RTO’s 2015
To establish a procedure that clearly articulates the process to be followed when designing marketing and advertising materials for Zero Harm Safety & Training.
Marketing materials will be designed in collaboration between the Administration Manager and Principal Consultant. Accuracy, integrity, currency and validity will be checked by both managers. Marketing materials will be edited with all due care and responsibility and must reflect that the training organisations primary function is that of education and must clearly articulate the knowledge and specialisation of Zero Harm Safety & Training as educators.
All marketing materials, including electronic form must clearly identify Zero Harm Safety & Trainings legal identity and trading name with the ABN or ACN number and RTO Number.
The materials must not be misleading in any way, shape or form. Once the materials are completed, they are provided to the Managing Director for checking and signoff for release.
- The Principal Consultant will ensure the accuracy of all marketing/advertising material regarding the services offered by Zero Harm Safety and Training and any Third Parties
- The Principal Consultant will record all approved marketing/advertising material regarding services offered by Zero Harm Safety and Training or Third Parties on the Marketing and Advertising Permission Register (ZHST-RTO-0043)
- If making specific reference to any person or external organisation in marketing or advertising material, the Principal Consultant ensures prior written permission from the person or external organisation being referred to in the marketing or advertising material using Marketing and Advertising Authorisation Form (ZHST-RTO-0163) and abides by any conditions of that permission
- The staff member must check that any advertisements of assessment/training services leading to AQF qualifications or statements is easily distinguishable from any other training and assessment services offered by Zero Harm Safety and Training prior to approving placement of the advertisement
- Zero Harm Safety and Training will only advertise the AQF qualifications that are included in its NVR registered training organisation Scope of Registration as listed on the National Register
Zero Harm Safety & Training will obtain written permission from the owner of any article/item/testimonial and/or photograph/video which is to be used in Zero Harm Safety & Trainings marketing and advertising campaigns. This will be documented on the Marketing and Advertising Authorisation Form (ZHST-RTO-0163).
Responsibilities & Actions
The Administration Manager will ensure that any article/item/testimonial and/or photograph/video which are to be used in Zero Harm Safety & Trainings marketing campaigns will be approved via the completion by the permission provider on the Marketing and Advertising Authorisation Form (ZHST-RTO-0163).
The Principle Consultant must ensure that the NRT logo is used only within the rules of the AQF implementation handbook and the Use of NRT Logo Policy and Procedure (ZHST-RTO-0041).
The Administration Manager in consultation with the training manager will complete the Marketing and Advertising Materials Checklist (ZHST-RTO-0164) to ensure that the materials comply with the standards.
Marketing materials will then be forwarded to the Managing Director with the Marketing and Advertising Materials Checklist (ZHST-RTO-0164). The Managing Director and/or designated person will then validate the materials to ensure that they are accurate and contain no misleading information.
The final proof will be attached to the Marketing and Advertising Materials Checklist (ZHST-RTO-0164) and Marketing and Advertising Authorisation Form (ZHST-RTO-0163), which is to be completed by the Managing Director.
The materials must be version controlled in accordance with the Version Control Procedure (ZHST-RTO-0111) and archived showing changes and improvements.
Any associations with other NVR registered training organisations must be detailed in the Marketing and Advertising Permission Register (ZHST-RTO-0043).
The Marketing and Advertising Permission Register (ZHST-RTO-0043) is to be completed by the Administration Manager.
Once the Principal Consultant has completed the Marketing Authorisation Form (ZHST-RTO-0163), the materials are ready for release to print and must include the RTO number.
The following materials require Zero Harm Safety & Training’s name and RTO number:
- All training materials
- Course brochures
- Student handbook
- Business cards
- Print ads
- Television ads
- Radio ads
- Any part of marketing that may be separated or pulled out from the marketing materials
- Signature blocks
ZHST-RTO-0041 Use of NRT Logo Policy and Procedure
ZHST-RTO-0043 Marketing and Advertising Permission Register
ZHST-RTO-0111 Version Control Procedure
ZHST-RTO-0163 Marketing and Advertising Authorisation Form
ZHST-RTO-0164 Marketing and Advertising Materials Checklist