Fatigue Management Policy
Click Here to Download PDF version of this policy
As part of Zero Harm Safety and Training’s overall commitment to Health and Safety of all employees, contractors and visitors, we are actively working together to prevent and manage risk associated with fatigue in the workplace.
The objectives of the Zero Harm Safety and Training Fatigue Management Policy are to:
- Ensure adequate opportunity is available for employees, contractors and visitors sufficient rest before commencing work, through appropriate working time arrangement;
- Monitor and control working hours, including overtime, to provide time arrangements that do not require excessive periods of wakefulness;
- Identify, develop and implement a fatigue management plan with control strategies to address fatigue related risks within the workplace in consultation with the employees;
- Provide training and education for employees, contractors, their families, to foster a common understanding of fatigue management;
- Develop a culture of shared responsibility for fatigue management;
- Implement an appropriate employee assistance program to assist in managing fatigue;
- Promote a healthy lifestyle, both at work and at home;
- Conduct regular audits to ensure that the elements of this policy are effectively implemented.
Through the commitment to our Fatigue Management Policy, Zero Harm Safety and Training will continue towards its goal of providing a safe and healthy workplace for all employees, contractors and visitors.
This Policy applies to all sites where Zero Harm Safety and Training is performing work and covers all our activities and services.